About Sus Pads
Washable. Reusable. Sustainable cloth sanitary pads.
that menstruation is a natural biological process.
a menstruating girl or woman should be free from stigma, tax & absurd myths.
period poverty should be alleviated and ultimately stamped out.
menstrual products should be as environment friendly as possible.
That is why
we created SuS Pads, a washable, reusable and relatively environment friendly cloth sanitary pad.
SuS Pads aims and objectives
SuS Pads aims to relieve period poverty, in a manner that least impact the environment. We aim to empower girls and women. By equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to manage their monthly cycle sustainably. To achieve our aims, we will pursue the following objectives:
- To train girls and women in rural areas, and deprived communities in cities to make their own reusable menstrual pads.
- To reduce absenteeism linked to period poverty among school girls, and boost their confidence during menstruation.
- To contribute to the growing awareness in Nigeria, that reusable menstrual pads produces less waste and relatively more environment friendly.
- To help unprivileged women and girls access to access menstrual hygiene material for a hitch free menstrual process.
- To educate girls on menstrual hygiene and ways to stay healthy during menstruation through our outreach projects.